Location: Cascade Locks, OR
Start Time: 8:30am
Avg Temps (f): 83/54
Time Limit: 5 hours (10k and Half Marathon being run at the same time)
Lessons Learned from Race Reports
- Smaller size field of runners, so doesn’t feel too crowded at the start or throughout
- Don’t expect a flat course, especially if you train on flat, as it’s rollers throughout
- Likely to be chilly at the start but warm up quickly, so dress accordingly
- Mostly shaded course, but if it’s sunny, any spots not in the shade can feel quite warm, and the last mile is known to be more exposed
- Arrive early to the start, as it can take awhile to find parking and to get on the shuttle
- Lots of runners talk about how creepy it is to cross the bridge and see the river under your feet
Type: Point to Point with a small out and back in the middle
Start/Finish Info: Starts on the Washington side of the Bridge of the Gods and finishes in Cascade Locks, OR. Shuttle to the start recommended, as you can walk the bridge to the start, but there is a lot of vehicle traffic still on the bridge.
Hills: 150ft hill in the beginning of the race, then about 4 smaller hills of 40-50ft throughout.
Locations of aid stations: Miles 1 and 2 (part of the 10k and Half Marathon course as well)
Access Locations: See the Course Maps. Family and friends could see runners when they cross over the bridge to the Oregon side, then see them at the finish.
Check out the previous years’ photos to get an idea of past weather, conditions, and to see the path runners take.