Our overarching principles include:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on our website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- Our website, teamrunrun.com;
- Our products and services that are available on or through our website; and
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
SECTION 1 – INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account, such as first name, last name, email address, age, phone number, username, password, country, state, ZIP/Postal code, city, billing address, postal address, and running history and goals. We ask for contact information as well as personal health information such as height, weight and age, in order to best offer our products and services to you a in personalized manner.
- Public Profile Information: If you have a RunRunner profile with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile, and any information you put into that profile, such as a photo or an “About Me” description, is public on the teamrunrun.com site. Your public profile information is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. Team RunRun does not store credit card information, as it is processed through third party vendors, PayPal or Stripe (depending on which vendor you chose upon checkout). Please see the Privacy Policies for the vendors that we use to process the transactions, both PayPal and Stripe.
- Content Information: If you provide Team RunRun with website content such as race reports, the information provided in that content will be available publicly, including the media files uploaded to the Team RunRun site.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, review requests, or communicate with us about a support question.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: We collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, and operating system. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your password on teamrunrun.com.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on a site using our WordPress.com or Jetpack services–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., [teamrunrun.com username] changed password at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views), along with information about your device (e.g., screen size). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- Interactions with Other Users’ Sites: We collect some information about your interactions with other users’ sites while you are logged in to your account with us, such as your “Likes” and the fact that you commented on a particular post. We collect information about the comments you make while logged in to your account in order to evaluate and improve our website content and services offered.
- Cookies: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded Content from Other Sites: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources, such as Strava, Ultrasignup, Garmin, etc. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
SECTION 2 – HOW AND WHY WE USE INFORMATION
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, provide coaching services, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Team RunRun and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Team RunRun and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Team RunRun and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
SECTION 3 – SHARING OF INFORMATION
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We build our website using WordPress and by default WordPress (and therefore BuddyPress and bbPress) does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of TeamRunRun, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as social media services.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your RunRunner public profile, reviews, posts, and other content that you make available to Team RunRun such as race reports and photos, and your “Likes” and comments on the Team RunRun website, are all available to others.
For example, the photo that you upload to your public profile, or a default image if you haven’t uploaded one, is your Globally Recognized Avatar, or Gravatar–get it? :). Your Gravatar, along with other public profile information, will display with the comments and “Likes” that you make on other users’ websites while logged in to your teamrunrun.com account. Your Gravatar + public profile information may also display with your comments, “Likes,” and other interactions on websites that use our Gravatar service, if the email address associated with your account with us is the same as the email address that you use on the other website.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
SECTION 4 – HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
If you leave a comment and/or a review, the comment and/or review and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
SECTION 5 – CHOICES
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information and/or profile information.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Team RunRun’s website, with the drawback that certain features of Team RunRun’s website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can cancel at any time from the Orders page, accessed via the My Account page. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after you cancel your coaching package, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
SECTION 6 – YOUR RIGHTS
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to Questions and Contact Information
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments and/or reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
SECTION 7 – OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third Party Service Providers
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Team RunRun uses “plugins” on the website in order to enhance the user experience or to better provide the services it offers. Below is more information on the plugins used and the personal data collected:
Plugin: Beaver Builder
In terms of GDPR, Beaver Builder products do not collect any personal information from users.
WooCommerce collects information about you during the checkout process on our site.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Billing address and Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our site
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 11 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Vendors (Coaches) can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, phone, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal and Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal or Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Plugin: WooCommerce Subscriptions
What we collect and store
For the purposes of processing recurring subscription payments, PayPal or Stripe store the customer’s name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details.
Plugin: WP Mail Logging
When you use this site several actions (e.g. commenting) trigger the dispatch of emails. They contain information about you associated with your email address. Which data are part of these emails depends on the action performed. These emails are stored and accessible to the site management as log.
When you register for the site, you may be asked to provide certain personal data for display on your profile. The “Name” field is required as well as public, and user profiles are visible to any site visitor. Other profile information may be required or optional, as configured by the site administrator.
User information provided during account registration can be modified or removed on the Profile > Edit panel. In most cases, users also have control over who is able to view a particular piece of profile content, limiting visibility on a field-by-field basis to friends, logged-in users, or administrators only. Site administrators can read and edit all profile data for all users.
The content of private messages is visible only to the sender and the recipients of the message. With the exception of site administrators, who can read all private messages, private message content is never visible to other users or site visitors. Site administrators may delete the content of any message.
We use a cookie to show success and failure messages to logged-in users, in response to certain actions, like joining a group. These cookies contain no personal data, and are deleted immediately after the next page load.
When a logged-in user creates a new group, we use a number of cookies to keep track of the group creation process. These cookies contain no personal data, and are deleted either upon the successful creation of the group or after 24 hours.
Plugin: WP Forms
We collect the personal data requested in the contact forms, such as name, email and personal information to be sent to vendors in order for users and vendors to decide whether to engage in a coach/runner relationship. Information gathered in the contact form is only shared with the vendor that the user has chosen to contact and with the site administrator. This information is used for customer service purposes and not for marketing purposes.
We also collect information through other forms such as Race Reports, RunRunner profiles, and Coach Profile forms and this information is stored on our site and published publicly, so users must be aware that whatever they information they provide in these forms, the information is visible to the public, such as first name, race results, and race photos (if provided).
Plugin: WP SpamShield
SECTION 8 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
SECTION 10 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Team RunRun, LLC reserves the right to change this policy at any time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it. This policy is effective from March 10, 2019.
SECTION 12 – QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us at email@example.com or by mail at Team RunRun
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
[3025 Broadway St., #11, Boulder, CO, United States]