Runner: Scott S
Years Running: 35
Bryce Canyon 50K (May)
Hood to Coast Relay (August)
- Finish Bryce Canyon 50K strong
- Run in every city/country I visit (I travel internationally 1-2 weeks/month)
- No injuries, rebuild my core, and re-strengthen the muscles surrounding my knees (completely tore my ACL 2 years ago)
Long Term Goals
- 50-mile trail run somewhere in Europe
- Continue running for the next several decades
- Rim to Rim to Rim (10/2017) – the most awesome scenery, challenging trails and elevation gain/loss. One of my most amazing running experiences ever.
- Boston (4/2015) – Well trained and felt great.
- Hood to Coast Relay – Have been running this relay with Team MOJO (ranked 2nd in Men’s Masters) for 25 years – since 1994!
Favorite Part About Being a Runner
Running is my meditation and also a great way to explore the world. I’ve been lucky to be able to run in 35+ countries and had some incredible experiences along the way — navigating ancient monuments in Rome, traversing Kensington and the other great parks of London, along the City Walls of Xi’an, exploring fairy chimneys in Cappadochia, up and down castles/palaces in Budapest-Prague-Bled-Edinburgh-Tokyo-Versailles+, and many dozens of cities around the U.S.
Boston Marathon – Finished in 3:18:50
Running Words of Wisdom
Get off the roads and enjoy the trails! Build 2-3 days/week of core exercises into your regime.