Location: Sacramento, CA
Start Time: 7:45am (wave start)
Avg Temps (f): 65/44
Time Limit: 4 hours
Lessons Learned from Race Reports
- Note that course changed as of 2018, so some race reports differ about the ending in particular, as previous courses did a loop before finishing at Raley Field
- Bike path portion of the race, from ~3.8-9, can feel a little more crowded, simply because it’s narrower
- Give plenty of time for parking, walking from the parking to the start, and expect that it takes awhile to get out of parking after the race
- Hills on the course are mainly bridges and overpasses; otherwise, a fairly flat, fast course
- Weather in the past has been both clear and sunny, but also and rainy, and sometimes foggy, so be prepared for different weather.
- If you’re not a fan of bike paths, that part can be a little boring, as it’s harder for spectators to access, and it shares much of the Urban Cow HM course.
- Lots of spectators around mile 10 will be a good boost if you’re feeling low after the bike path
- Lots of review about a well-organized race with a fast course, minimal hills, and good aid along the way, with the only complaints being about parking
Type: Loop course
Start/Finish Info: Same location, at Raley Field, in West Sacramento
Hills: Gain of ~300 feet total, with small hills throughout of ~10-20 feet in gain
Locations of water and electrolyte stations: Miles 3.25, 4.5, 6, 8, 10.5
Electrolyte offered: Nuun
Access Locations: See Course Map. You could stay at the start/finish, or be around Capitol Park on the East side of the river, and see runners around mile 1, 5, and 12.5, with minimal walking between locations. Likely can’t see both start/finish and other locations because of bridge closure to Raley Field.