Location: Greenville, CA
Start Time: 6:30am
Avg Temps (f): 88/46
Time Limit: None, but cannot provide course support after 1:30pm
Lessons Learned from Race Reports
- Huge temperature swing from the early morning to afternoon temps. Race offers to keep your warm clothes at the start
- Course is deemed flat on the website but the long gradual hill from mile 7-17 can wear you down
- Small town race – be prepared to run alone since it’s not a huge race full of runners and spectators
- Course is mainly country roads where you can see quite far and chance of exposure is high – be prepared with sunglasses and a hat and for the heat, as exposed courses heat up quickly! Also a mental challenge to run on country roads since you can see so far ahead of you
- With temperatures warming up to 80s during the day, have a strategy for keeping cool
Start/Finish Info: Located in the lollipop part of the course, so you start on the loop, do an out and back, then finish the loop at the start/finish.
Hills: Mainly flat course on pavement, with the main hill being ~175ft in gain from mile 7-17
Located approximately every 2-4 miles throughout all courses and are stocked with water, specialty hydration drinks, snacks, dog treats, and first-aid kits.
Nothing mentioned on the site, but likely hard to see runners because of limited places to park along the roads.