Location: Sacramento, CA
Start Time: 7:30am
Avg Temps (f): 81/52
Time Limit: 4 hours
Lessons Learned from Race Reports
- The miles along the bike path are more exposed, less trees, so likely to be a bit warmer than the rest of the course in the neighborhoods
- Several race reports talk about long porta potty lines – use your time wisely!
- Well-organized race and good course entertainment, and most race reports enjoy the varying course and the sights along the way
- Mainly a flat course with fast times, some small hills are like going over a freeway overpass, so fairly minimal
- Miles 8-11 can can a little windy, running around the marina
- Small hill around mile 11 can feel very difficult if your legs are shot, so be prepared for that small incline
Type: Essentially a loop course running through neighborhoods near Downtown Sacramento and along the Sacramento River Bicycle Trail
Start/Finish Info: William Land Park, just South of Downtown Sacramento. Parking along streets near Park, or ½ mile away at Sacramento City College, with a race shuttle option
Hills: Mainly flat with the biggest hill being about 36 feet of gain around mile 5-6
Locations of stations: About every 2 miles, water first then lemon-lime Gatorade
Access Locations: Miles 1-6 most accessible before runners get on the bike path, and then in the final 2 miles at the park, along with the finish.