Location: Ellensburg to Selah, WA
Start Time: 8:00am
Avg Temps (f): 58/32
Time Limit: 7 hours
Lessons Learned from Race Reports
- Well-organized race, very small town feel
- Cambered/tilted road can be difficult and hard on the legs by the end with one leg always running higher than the other
- While it’s a net downhill course, the two hills in the middle are challenging, so be prepared for hills, especially the second hill around mile 21
- High chance of wind in the canyon, especially since you’re running point to point
- Weather can be really variable at the end of March in this area – bring several options!
- Have the ability to shed layers along the way in case it warms up as you go
- Not the most BQ/PR friendly course because of the hills, but it can still be done, especially if you train with hills.
- Be sure to be conservative enough in the first half since the second half has the hills
- Not much shade on the course, so bring a hat and/or sunglasses in case the sun is out
Type: Point to Point
Start/Finish Info: From Ellensburg, WA to Selah, WA. There are buses to the start and then back to the start after the finish
Hills: While it’s a net downhill, the course gains ~615 feet along the way, with a sizeable hills around miles 14 and 21, with >150-200+ feet in gain – good course map and elevation profile here.
Locations of aid stations: Every 2-3 miles
Electrolyte offered: Powerade
Best spots are at the start and finish.