Location: Seattle Center
Start Time: 6:30am (both)
Avg Temps (f): 69/53
Time Limit: 6.5 hours (full), 4 hours (half)
Lessons Learned from Race Reports
- This course has changed each year in the previous few years, so it’s a hard to look at previous race results and race reports, but typically the courses have been hilly with plenty of aid and course organization.
- Always be ready for hills with races starting and finishing in downtown Seattle. Courses have typically been hillier than people expect in the past.
- Some parking around Seattle Center, but it’s also within walking distance of a lot of downtown hotels, and the Monorail runs to and from downtown (Westlake Center) to Seattle Center (check if it’s running that early)
- If traveling for the race, consider booking a hotel within a half mile of Seattle Center so you can just walk to/from the race
- Fairly hilly course for a road full and half marathon, with the biggest hill later in the race for the half marathon and hills throughout for the full, with bridge crossings.
- Elevation profile for the full marathon isn’t entirely accurate because of bridge crossings
- Both the Marathon and Half Marathon start at the same time and share the same course for awhile, so expect to be running around quite a few people who are continuing onwards and pay attention to the split point.
- With it being mid-June in Seattle, the weather could still be anything from 50’s and rainy to 60’s and sunshine, so be prepared for wet or warm weather
Start/Finish Info: Starts and finishes at Seattle Center
Hills: Rolling courses throughout, with a more major hill near the end for the half and continuous through the full marathon. Sections around Green Lake (full) and on the Burke Gilman trail (both) will be flat
Locations of water and electrolyte stations: Water at every aid station and Gatorade Endurance Formula available in Lemon-Lime at every other aid station.
Access Locations: Lots of spots for family and friends to see runners along the course. Have crew check the marathon course as well so they know where road closures will be, or consult the race website for road closure information.
(Keep in mind the course has changed each year in the previous years)
Strava activities and GPX files
None – this course has never been run before – download KML file from the Course page