Lessons Learned from Race Reports
- With half marathoners starting at the same time as the full marathon, it feels a bit crowded until mile 9, when they split off.
- Course is much more rolling hills than flat
- If it’s windy at all, you’ll likely notice it in the latter miles around White Rock Lake, miles 11-20
- If it’s rainy, the roads can seem slick
- Weather is unpredictable, could be cold, rainy, windy, humid, hot…
- Easy to get caught up in the speed of the half marathoners at the start
Type: Two loop course, with one of the loops being a lollipop loop off the main loop
Start/Finish Info: Starts and Finishes at Dallas City Hall Plaza. There is parking available or runners can use the DART Rail. There are 4 start corrals, each with different closing and start times – know your corral information!
Hills: 70ft miles 0-3.5, 160ft miles 4-7.5, 50ft miles 10-10.5, 50ft miles 11-11.5, 120ft miles 18.7-21, 50ft miles 21.5-21.8
Locations of water/electrolyte stations: 20 aid stations, each with water and Gatorade
Electrolyte offered: Clif Shots at miles 9 and 19.5
Access Locations: See Course Map
Half Marathon: https://www.strava.com/
Prepping for your next race? Here’s a checklist to help you along!